10 things you should know about the french
Here is 10 things you should know about the french people before you visit us hopefully :) .
1. Everytime we are introducted to someone, we say "hello" or "goodbye" we kiss on the cheek. Sometimes it's one kiss on each cheek, sometimes two (or even more). We call that "la bise" .
Check out this video, you'll understand more about it ;) (and it's pretty funny) .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VWbV6TJxU
2. We eat at least one baguette everyday.... and it's soooo good ! It's about 0,90c ($0,98).
3. French people are terrible with languages. I mean not everyone but more than half of us.
Look at our president when he speaks english... it's a joke !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdtc5jPGAlc (the first 20 seconds).
4. French girls do shave their legs and armpits, not everyone eats frogs and snails, we don't wear "berets" (hat)... those are just clichés !
5. A lot of people smoke in France, A LOT ! Smokers can start when there still in middle school ! It's a waste of money (7€ for 20 cigarettes = $7.63) and it's ruining your life. I understand that sometimes you need it to go through hard times.
6. We drink wine pretty often :) and we can legally drink when we are 18 but most of us start to drink earlier. When you go to the restaurant with your parents, you can order alcohol even if you're not an adult. Wine and cheese are an important part of the French cultur.
7. We have school from 8am to 6pm sometimes. It depends, our schedule changes everyday. We can also have school on saturday mornings but we have a lot more vacation weeks. (16 weeks per year). At the end of "senior year" (terminale) we pass a test called the BAC.
8. Public transportation can take you pretty much everywhere if you are not too much in a hurry. It can take a very looong time to get wherever you wanna go. Subways are always delayed and late... it's annoying sometimes. Use Vianavigo.com to locate yourself and get somewhere.
9. French workers "loves" to strike (la grêve) ! In France, you can do it whenever you're unhappy. It's legal and I think some people take benefit of the situation... our government is in a really bad shape as well. Anyway, it happens pretty much every week. (last week it was the middle school, this week the cafeteria of my school and the public transportation).
10. French people can be rough at first sight, but when you get to know them better (not everyone) you can make relationships last forever. We have our bunch of jerk and dumbass... like everywhere else in the world.
Hope this helps, message me !
"be courageous, be you, be proud of you because you can BE do what we want to do." #presidentfrancoishollande