A month ago, I've updated a playlist with some of my favorite artists and songs. Here I go, sharing a part of the music I'm fond of. This is very private haha ;) .
- Alanis Moricette (You Oughta Know) and Spice Girls (Wannabe) : I love the lyrics of You Oughta Know. If your boyfriend cheated on you, this song is perfect. Wannabe is just too fun!
- Aretha Franklin and Tracy Chapman : Greatest singer, so deep and powerful!
- The Beatles : who doesn't like them? Every occasion is good to listen to their light songs. They can sing every mood you're in.
- Bob Marley : The perfect pace! You can litteraly feel your heart and your soul sing with him.
- C2C, Capital Cities, U2, Pink Floyd, Maroon 5 and 21 pilots : They are (for the moment) in my Top 20 band. I like the fact that they play differentely than the "music" you can listen on a basic radio. Their music push you to the dancefloor. When you listen to their songs you just want to sing and dance along.
- Coldplay and Eagles : Different kind of music but they both bring memories to me. Coldplay is amazing to listen with a great headphone. You can hear the work they put in ther Art. R.I.P Glenn Frey, you brought so much happiness with Hotel California.
- Daft Punk : GET LUCKY, FACE TO FACE, ONE MORE TIME! So good, makes me want to sing haha. In her book Moranifesto, Caitlin Moran explain that the song's attractiveness is due to its combination of minor chords and regular disco-type "up" beats throughout the song.
- David Bowie : Honestly, I wasn't listening to his music before he passed away. I love "Let's dance".
- Elvis Presley and James Brown : Obviously not everything. Elvis is the god of Rock-n-roll and James Brown is the dad of funk music . They can both transport you decades ago.
- Jamie Cullum and John Mayer : They can make me cry... it brings so many memories back. Mostly about the States. I love their voices, the lyrics and the rhythm.
- Keira Knightley (Begin Again), Lianne La Havas, Sara Bareilles, Natalia Lafourcade (Aventurera) and Selah Sue : Some of my favorite singers as well. Each of them has its own style. I've seen Lianne La Havas in Paris this summer.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers : I would have place it with Coldplay but I don't have the same feelings about the two of them. Red Hot Chili Peppers is awesome when you're in the car or when you take a shower haha. Coldplay is awesome at anytime.
- Snarky Puppy : Best jazz band! Diversity, rhythm, originality... they really have everything. They also featur an orchestra and the result is stunning. Check them out!
Voilà for now, I hope you've enjoy this post. It's obviously a very small part of the singer and band I love.
Don't get me wrong, I also listen to the radio... only when I have to or at parties!